Over 25 distributors and support centres worldwide
Flexible maintenance contracts
Tailor made plant specific contracts with 24Hr Support
30 years experience
Developing, manufacturing and installing
Electronics Design Engineer
The electronic engineer plays an integral role in the New Product Development process, supports the NPD from concept through to manufacture and maintain existing products. This role also involves providing technical support for all CODEL products including on specification, verification and testing of components, prototypes.
Electronics Design Engineer
- Development of new electronic products for industrial emissions and air pollution monitoring, road tunnel environments, plant and rail safety. This task will involve both analogue electronics and digital electronics
- Electronic sub-system design and development
- Support the design and development of new products and product improvements, balancing innovative engineering design, functional requirements and aesthetic appeal with product safety, cost effective design and ease of manufacture.
- Producing and managing specifications and documentation.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation that supports the product development process including product specifications, manuals and end user instructions.
- Ensure technical files are created and maintained/updated as new products are designed, or existing products are changed.
- Provide technical support throughout the development cycle and to other areas of the business when required.
- Play an active role in projects, teams, meetings etc. Liaise with other cross-functional team members, suppliers and other interested parties throughout projects and encourage their involvement and participation.
- Be a champion for new technology and provide steer and support to both marketing and product development to drive innovation through the use of new and improved technologies.
- Support in sourcing new innovative suppliers and vetting manufacturing capabilities and suitability.
- Identification and resolution of existing product issues including fault finding, testing and root cause analysis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Educated to degree level in electrical/electronic field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience of electronic/electrical product design preferably with experience designing for manufacture and test.
- A good understanding of electronic circuit design and broad knowledge of electrical practices including wiring, PCB design, and use of test equipment, EMC considerations and electrical safety
- Experience with PCB design, preferably using PADs
- Be proficient at researching components, materials, processes and product developments/advancements
- Be process driven with a continuous improvement mind set and the ability to question and highlight opportunities for improvements
- Be confident, friendly in manner
- Be well organised with the ability to multitask
- A flexible approach to work and able to work on own initiative
- Have an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft office and experience of using a range of other software packages.
- Be able to demonstrate possession of the Company Values
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Electrical Engineering: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Ask a question
For further information on any of our products, please complete our enquiry form and a member of staff will respond as soon as possible.
You can also call: +44(0)1629 814351